Sep 25, 2014

Learning

At my school I am learning about the human body, so I decided to make a list with facts I found in books that talk about the human body.

Facts

From Inside Human Body (by Dr. Aron Bruhn)

  • Unlike most organs in the body, you have two kidneys.  Even if one of them is damaged or removed, your other kidney can keep on doing its job.
  • After you are born, the umbilical cord is tied off and cut. As you grow that stump of tissue becomes a bellybutton.
  • When woman is born she already has all the egg cells she will ever make.
  • People who need glasses have muscles that are either too tight or too loose to allow the lens to focus well.


From Horrid Henry's Bodies (By Francesca Simon)

  • In Victorian times, you'd been told to brush your hair a hundred times a day!
  • A giraffe has such a long tongue (53 cm)  that it can touch its ear.
  • There are 100,000 muscles in an elephant's trunk, while you have only 650 skeletal muscles in your whole body.
  • The brain stops growing at the age of fifteen.
  • Your fingerprints are completely unique; even identical twins have different prints.

Do you like learning learning about the human body? What's your favorite system? My favorite system is the respiratory system. 

Me, Zoe Self

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I think I just learned a new fact or two myself from your list. Thank you! Please continue sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have curly hair and you would not want to see it if I brushed it a 100 times. It would be a frizzy mess :) I wear glasses, I think my muscles are too tight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Zoe Self..what a wonderful blog and such interesting facts! Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete